Chalet Verwall (pronounced ‘Fair-val’) makes an excellent choice for your family ski holiday, and is proving a tremendous hit with Esprit ski families.
The Verwall’s location simply could not be bettered, at the end of a short, quiet cul-de-sac off Obergurgl’s main street, with the easiest possible access to and from the slopes, and accommodation ideally suited to families, with all suites having two separate sleeping areas (Suite 1 has three!), private facilities and most have a small kitchenette.
Just 30m from the chalet Verwall ski-room door, you can step into your bindings and ski down to the Festkogel gondola – one of the area’s main high-speed lifts, and your best route straight up into the Obergurgl half of the ski area. The ski-school meeting point is also here. From here, the choice is yours, either to ski the varied slopes above the village, or to take a blue or red run to the ‘Top Express’ gondola and whizz across to the wide open slopes of Hochgurgl.
The dining-room on the ground floor provides an ideal setting for adult dinner in the evenings, and can be a little snug at breakfast time when we have a full house! The separate lounge is up on the top floor, with quirky ‘hobbit-size’ doorway and sloping ceilings. Like the comfortable family suites themselves, the dining-room is furnished in traditional Tyrolean style.
Reflecting the chalet’s layout, for the most convivial evening atmosphere (and the least times up and down stairs!), our 4-course adult evening meals here vary slightly from the norm, with a daily cheeseboard as the fourth course, replacing our normal pre-dinner canapés and apéritif.
- Skiing virtually to and from the doorstep / short ski down to main Festkogel gondola
- ‘Boboland’ children’s ski area and ski-school meeting-point approx. 1 minutes’ walk (80m)
- Village centre approx. 5 minutes’ walk (500m)
- Comfortable family suites, all with private facilities and most with balcony
- Free Wifi
- Dining-room and separate lounge
- Substantial breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s high tea, and 4-course evening meals with complimentary wine and coffee