Chalet Caribou is conveniently situated in a quiet Tignes street, above the lake, opposite our Nursery in Chalet Iceberg, and just 50m from our Snow Club in the Yosemite. It shares a building with the Canvolan chalet on the upper floor, and guests in both share a home cinema room and a sauna, both on the same level as the Caribou.
The Caribou's accommodation, on the lower level, is ideally suited for family use, with three comfortable family rooms each of which has en suite facilities, fitted to a high standard.The attractive open plan lounge and dining area, with feature fireplace, is a good size and offers stunning views towards Val Claret from the large windows and generous terrace.
Keen skiers have various options here, with the nearest lift only about 230m away, as well as a bus stop on the edge of the lake, where the free service will quickly take you up to Val Claret and the lifts leading to the Grande Motte glacier, or down towards the absolute heart of Tignes, where there is a choice of chairlifts on the Tignes side and the high speed Toviere gondola to quickly access the Val d'Isere section of the vast Espace Killy ski area.
Pack your family's favourite DVDs to make the most of the home cinema, a popular base for children which is shared with the guests in the chalet Canvolan above.
- Nursery 17 weeks - 40 months In Chalet Iceberg just opposite
- Snow Club 3 - 8 years In Chalet Yosemite (50m)
- Cocoa Clubs
- Mini Cocoa Club 3 - 5 years In Chalet Iceberg just opposite
- Cocoa Club 6 - 12 years In Chalet Yosemite (50m)
- Children’s Ski Lessons 3 - 12 years offering a wide range of ski classes and activities
- Strict signing-in/out procedures all ages whenever responsibility for children between esprit & parents
- Guided Ski Fun 3 - 10 years afternoon groups
- Snow Club fun 40 months + for children over nursery age
- Appealing family chalet overlooking the lake
- Ideal choice for proximity to Esprit child care
- Chardonnet lift approx. 2 minutes' walk (230m)
- Les Marmottons children's ski area approx. 5 minutes' walk (500m)
- Family rooms with en suite facilities
- Sauna and home cinema room shared with Chalet Canvolan
- Log fireplace in living/dining-room and free Wifi
- Shared ski & boot-room with heated boot-racks
- Substantial breakfast, afternoon tea, children's high tea and 4-course dinner with complimentary wine and coffee
Shared Ski and Boot room for both chalets, with heated boot racks; stairs down to Chalet Caribou, home cinema room & shared sauna
Entrance. Open-plan lounge/dining-room/kitchen with fireplace and large terrace, wc
Room Sleeps Summary Room 1 Sleeps 2-4 Triple/quad room (double bed with single bunk above plus further single bed suitable for a child under 6) with bath/wc Room 2 Sleeps 2-4 Family quadruple room with bath/wc (2 singles plus a sturdy double mattress on a raised platform 165cm above the single beds) Suite 3 Sleeps 4-5 Double room with shower/wc, inter-connecting to triple room with 3 single beds and bath/wc (no window to triple room) Supplements per person per night: Caribou Suite 3 £2.95.
We suggest the top bunks are only suitable for children over 6 years, however parents have the final decision in this.
Fly to Geneva (GVA) or Chambery (CMF) from the following airports
Bournemouth flights on 15th Feb departures only.
An Esprit family favourite and one of the ‘crème de la crème’ of world ski areas with guaranteed snow on the Grande Motte Glacier. The ‘Espace Killy’ ski area, combining Tignes and neighbouring Val d’Isère, ranks highly in any keen skier’s top ten world resorts, and deservedly so. Completely snowsure, with over 300kms of pistes, plus easily the same...Go To Resort Page
Includes a skiers' buffet breakfast to start your day, afternoon tea to welcome you 'home', and 4- or 5-course evening meals with wine and coffee to complete the evening six days a week.
We set high standards for our cuisine, and train our staff extensively before the season starts, to ensure that Esprit guests will enjoy every meal with us.More About Esprit Cuisine
Pre-booking your ski packs couldn’t be easier - simply tell us what you need and we will arrange everything for you.More About Ski Essentials
Our team in the UK and overseas is our most important asset, working together to provide an enjoyable, high quality, stress-free holiday for all our guests, both adults and children.More About Our Staff