Take the family for a ski holiday and avoid the check-in queues and transfers from the airport to resort.
No luggage restrictions, no ski carriage charges, stop en route to load up with food and make big savings on wine at the local hypermarket! A self-drive Esprit holiday offers the same level of expert childcare and homey chalets without the hassle of flights. Your Esprit representative will be on hand when you arrive to help you settle in, direct you to the ski hire shop and generally help you get your bearings! All we ask is that you arrive or depart from your resort on the same day as our flight arrivals.
Important notes for self-drive holidays
- In order to book a self-drive holiday, please call us on 01483 791 900
- We can book your crossings or you may do so independently.
- You may travel on different outward and return routes, but both crossings must be with the same company. All cars on one booking must travel on the same crossings.
- Whilst every effort is made to arrange the precise dates and times you request, at busy times and in peak periods crossings on popular routes quickly become fully booked. As all car ferry bookings are subject to availability, we will book the nearest possible alternative and confirm the details on your invoice. We therefore advise you to book early for popular dates and crossings.
- We cannot accept cats or dogs.
- If you have an 'over-height' vehicle or intend to have a roof box, roof rack, trailer or bike rack you must advise our reservations team at time of booking as some restrictions/supplements may apply for vehicles over 1.85m. Please consult P&O Ferries or Eurotunnel’s websites for the most up-to-date information. If you do not advise us, the sailing you originally requested may no longer be available.
- An administration fee is payable if you change your crossing after you have made the booking (see terms and conditions).
- The price that appears on our reservations system when you provisionally book your holiday may not include all route or accommodation supplements.
Eurotunnel runs up to three services an hour during peak periods between Folkstone and Calais and offers the quickest method of taking your car across the channel. The journey takes just 35 minutes platform to platform. Please note: Eurotunnel does not accept LPG/Dual powered vehicles. If your vehicle is over 1.85m in height, high space must be reserved.