The Castor is another one of our well-designed Peisey family chalets with unbeatable views of the valley as it sits at the end of the group of six, all built on a slope, and only 75m from the ski lifts and ski school meeting point.
The layout has been carefully planned to suit family needs with pairs of spacious bedrooms set over three of the floors and all with their own en suite modern bathrooms, so individual families can enjoy a sense of privacy by booking their "own" floor, as well as the benefits of sharing the bright communal areas.
Entrance to the chalet leads to a heated boot room, and then into the attractive L-shaped sitting and dining room with a cosy fireplace corner, TV and generous balcony from where you can appreciate panoramic views.
The chalet is linked via terraced paths and steps to the rest of the enclave and ultimately to our chalet Hermine, at road level, where our Childcare rooms are based, and where all guests have the use of a handy ski locker to avoid carrying equipment up and down the paths each day.
Backpacks are recommended for little ones in preference to pushchairs, although we have limited storage space for pushchairs in the ski-locker room, just below street level, down a small flight of steps, in Chalet Hermine.
The comprehensive features of the Castor are completed by the sauna situated on the lower floor and the bonus of an outdoor hot tub in a truly enviable setting.
- Nursery 17 weeks - 40 months On Site
- Snow Club 3 - 8 years On Site
- Cocoa Clubs
- Mini Cocoa Club 3 - 5 years On Site
- Cocoa Club 6 - 12 years On Site
- Children’s Ski Lessons 3 - 12 years offering a wide range of ski classes and activities
- Strict signing-in/out procedures for all ages whenever responsibility for children passes between Esprit staff or ski instructors and parents
- Guided Ski Fun 6 - 12 years afternoon groups
- Snow Club fun 40 months + for children over nursery age
- Popular high quality chalet
- Sauna and outdoor hot-tub
- Ideal family layout
- All bedrooms with en suite bath & wc
- Superb central location
- 'Vanoise Express' cable-car to La Plagne approx 1 minute's walk (75m)
- High-speed 6-man Les Arcs chairlift approx 1 minute's walk (75m)
- Ski back to within 75m of the chalets
- Children's ski area approx 1 minute's walk (50m)
- Attractive open-plan dining-room/lounge area with fireplace and free Wifi
- TV/DVD player in chalet so bring your favourite DVDs
- Substantial breakfast, afternoon tea, children's high tea and 4-course dinner with complimentary wine and coffee
Great holiday - excellent service from all staff. Would definitely come back again.
Sauna with shower, French door to terrace with hot-tub
Room Sleeps Summary Room 1 Sleeps 2-3 Twin/double plus single bed/sofa (bath/wc/terrace) Room 2 Sleeps 2 Twin/double plus single *sofa (bath/wc/terrace)
Room Sleeps Summary Room 3 Sleeps 2-3 Twin/double plus single bed/sofa (bath/wc/balcony) Room 4 Sleeps 2-3 Twin/double plus single bed/sofa (bath/wc/balcony)
Entrance, wc, kitchen, open-plan living/dining-room with log fire and balcony
Room Sleeps Summary Suite 5 Sleeps 4-5 Twin/double plus single *sofa, with balcony, inter-connecting to hall area with twin bunks (bath and separate wc) Access via spiral staircase, not recommended for children under 5.
Supplements: per person per night Suite 5 £3.50.
All rooms/suites will take a cot.
*Sofas in rooms 2 and 5 are sofa beds and can be used by guests booking the whole chalet instead of other beds in the chalet. Floor plans are for guidance only and may not be to scale.
Fly to Geneva (GVA) or Chambery (CMF) from the following airports
Plan-Peisey is a quiet little ski village, which has proved a huge hit with Esprit ski families ever since its introduction, due to its lovely chalets and superb location, right on the link between the Les Arcs and La Plagne ski areas. Plan-Peisey is ideal for family ski holidays, as initially the children’s lessons will be held in the...Go To Resort Page
Includes a skiers' buffet breakfast to start your day, afternoon tea to welcome you 'home', and 4- or 5-course evening meals with wine and coffee to complete the evening six days a week.
We set high standards for our cuisine, and train our staff extensively before the season starts, to ensure that Esprit guests will enjoy every meal with us.More About Esprit Cuisine
Pre-booking your ski packs couldn’t be easier - simply tell us what you need and we will arrange everything for you.More About Ski Essentials
Our team in the UK and overseas is our most important asset, working together to provide an enjoyable, high quality, stress-free holiday for all our guests, both adults and children.More About Our Staff